As this isn't my recipe, I'll just direct you here to find it. I followed it word for word. Right down to toasting the spices. I was trying something a little different though and used two bundt cakes instead of regular cake rounds. It was suppose to look like this. But it didn't. It's okay, it was still delicious. Here is a quick visual of the process of making this cake. Caution: you will be drooling by the end.
1. All of the ingredients laid out.
2. Mixing all of the spices before giving them a nice toasting.
3. Stiff peaks! I messed this part up a bit. Still worked though!
4. Mixing it all together.
5. The cake that loved its pan too much to leave it.
1. Making some candy coating.
2. Covering the hazelnuts in candy.
3. Whipping that cream cheese frosting!
THE FINISHED CAKE!
It took me nearly all day to make it. I took quote a few breaks of course, but it really was labor intensive! It was all worth it in the end, though, when it was time to slice it up and eat it!
From what I hear, the in-laws were mightily impressed.